To be an ultimate kawaii, it’s good to have short Japanese expressions and sayings that you can say during a conversation but it’s not a good idea to use foreign languages when you don’t have enough research about it and of how to use it.
Luckily, this blog will help you use “Kawaii Desu” correctly and learn more about the phrase as well.
What is Kawaii?
This is a Japanese word that means cute, pretty or beautiful. It is a common word that can be used in casual conversations. The word can also mean the subject being referred to is adorable. You can use the word “kawaii” when you are referring to nouns, like people, objects, places, events or animals.
“Your baby is kawaii.”
“The decorations in the singing contest are just too kawaii.”
“That little bird sitting on the nest is kawaii.”
“You Halloween costume is kawaii!”
“That outfit is so kawaii.”
What is Kawaii Desu?
A Japanese word that means “is” but when added with the word kawaii, it becomes “it’s cute”.
The word is also added when you are being polite to the people you are talking to. For example, talking to your boss, parents, teacher and other people who you respect. If you prefer, “kawaii desu” can still be used in casual conversations.
Kawaii Desu Ne
This is another phrase you can use from the Japanese language which means “It’s cute, isn’t it?” Also another phrase used during polite situations or when you are speaking to someone you respect. When you want to start a conversation saying an object, person, animal, place or any other subject is cute and you want to check if the person you want to converse with agrees with you.
“That red bag displayed in the store, kawaii desu ne?”
“I got a good discount when I bought this outfit and kawaii desu ne?”
“What do you think of Sakura in Naruto? Kawaii desu ne?”
“This is my dog, Hashi, kawaii desu ne?”
What to remember?
When you are learning about foreign words and phrases, it’s good to remember some points before you use the word.
- Kawaii – means cute, pretty, adorable or beautiful
- Kawaii desu – means “it’s cute”
- Kawaii desu ne – “It’s cute, isn’t it?”
- Do not get confused with the word “Kawaisou desuu ne!” which translates to “How pitiful!” or “Poor thing!”. This is a phrase said when you are showing sympathy or compassion towards a person, thing, animal or other objects.
- It’s good to research first before using foreign words and study how to use them in sentences and conversations.
- Do not use words you don’t understand because instead of looking cool, people might think the opposite.
- When saying words that are new to you, practice it until you are confident enough to use them in conversations.
- Do not say the word too much because people might think it’s annoying and that doesn’t give a good impression.
Kawaii desu ne?
Share your experience!
People have a lot of experiences using the words “kawaii” or “kawaii desu ne”. Share us your experiences and if you have some thoughts on how and when to use the word or phrase in conversations to make it sound ultimately kawaii!